Isolation and Invitations
It's almost at the ten day countdown to BSSM. If I'm being really honest, this hasn't been the joyful moment I thought it would be. I'm sure in time i'll be excited, and i'm sure it's natural to have some feeling of sadness in leaving your home, but recently I found myself feeling increasingly isolated from my English friends. Maybe it's just the lack of connection there, having more in common with those at Bethel then those going to study conventional courses here at home. This is not to say that I don't have masses of love for my Sixthform Family, I just relate to those at Bethel more.
Something really hit me through this though. My Earthly isolation, is just a Heavenly invitation to intimacy with the king. If God has you here, it's for a reason. For me, it hit me that this actually isn't a season with people, despite what I first thought this time would be. My expectation of emotional goodbye dinners and lots of coffee dates has been peacefully replaced with a simple expression of gratitude and intimacy. His plans for our time are so different to what we often make them. My plans to be busy up until the day I left had removed a huge amount of time spent with him. Precious moments with him overshadow my feelings of loss towards my home as I move to the other side of America. More than that though, they've become a foreshadowing of the promised encounters at BSSM, and that's more of a delight than any time spent on earth ever will be.
His invitation to you today is simple, and it applies whether you're feeling isolated or not. Intimacy is available and his pursuit of you is proof that he wants to be close. His intention towards you is made clear through Jesus, it's just up to you to ask him to be close.

0 comments:
Post a Comment