BSSM Update 2
"What you make of this moment changes everything.What if the path you choose becomes a road, The ground you take becomes your home"
-Amanda Cook//The Voyage
It's been four weeks since I written my last update about this. It's a privilege to say that I've found myself surrounded by family. I've really found home here. I walked into Church last night and for the first time since I arrived Bethel Church felt like my home church. Being able to know people at my service and simply walk into our coffee shop and find people is such a joy. Also turns out I'll be on the new Bethel Album as they were recording during Friday Nights, so that's a something. Finding Home somewhere that's new and unfamiliar is a real relief. Part of that is due to the people that I've got around me.
Schools in full swing and I'm actually on retreat this week. So that'll be a totally different blog. BSSM is like nowhere I've ever been, to some extent even being at Bethel Church friday services isn't quite like it. The hunger in the room for the more of God is crazy. Pastor Leslie Crandle one of our revival group pastors brought this crazy revelation about the more of God: When we talk about the more of God, we're talking about our capacity to receive from him, he's already given us everything we need. Basically BSSM pastors are amazing.
So practically I've found some really good coffee here. I know that you were all worried about that, so I thought i'd put your mind at ease.
At BSSM we're split into what we call "Revival Groups", 65-70 people that become your family for the year. (That is alongside the amazing people that I share an apartment complex with). One of the massive pushes at school is to be authentic and vulnerable with people, it builds community and that builds revival fires.
This is just a short one since retreat has so much to write about. Ya'll have a real good day.
This is just a short one since retreat has so much to write about. Ya'll have a real good day.
0 comments:
Post a Comment