BSSM Update 3 - Retreat, Ropes course and Weaverville.
![]() |
| Weaverville was an amazing experience. |
So much to tell you since I last blogged to you, honestly so much has happened I feel like I need to be blogging more often so I'm not just overloading you when I do share with you, but here goes.
What has started to become very apparent is that culture dictates everything about your experience in a place. You can have all the miracles in the world, and it won't be sustainable, or attractive to people for that matter of fact if the culture of your house isn't Kingdom. Since getting to Redding, and being at Bethel church for 8 weeks now, what sets this place apart is truly the culture. I'll share a little about how this has changed me since I've been here.
Transparency Vs. Vulnerability
One of the most clear core values that we carry as a culture over here is that we're real. It's so obvious that people aren't "Church Faced" in the slightest. Mainly this comes from a total rejection of any performance for love, but that's another point. What I really want to focus on is the difference between these two words. Transparency and Vulnerability.
Honestly, if you can master the difference between these two concepts, it'll change the way that you interact with those inside your world. In a place where being real with people is the culture, and not hiding your problems from those around you is the way, how do make sure that you remain loved, and safe in that place?
When I was on retreat three or four weeks back, I found myself in a really vulnerable place before my leaders. Issues that were buried started to arise because Holy Spirit started to touch on them. One of my interns noticed this was happening he said one of the most important things I've heard so far since being here.
You can be transparent with anyone,but to be vulnerable puts that person in a position where the next thing they say could really hurt you. Generally I'm a fairly transparent person, but what this taught me was who I actually let speak into my life. It's super valuable. You are a powerful person, you choose who speaks into your life. Speak about your life, be careful who you let speak into it.
Community sustains Revival
Here's a crazy thought, our actions have a direct impact on how the Kingdom of God is established on this earth. How we do community is vitally important, and it's one of the most amazing things I've noticed, how well we sustain our community directly correlates to how we meet with the Spirit. Now don't misunderstand me here, there is such a value for the secret place, just you and God. I love that, and it's so important, but we were made for relationship. If our mandate before Heaven is to bring it to earth, then we have to be in community to effectively do that. You should not do this alone.
On a less spiritual note.
I'm really finding home here, I've found some of my closest friends I've ever had, there's such a value in being surrounded by people who just moved to some small town in California because God told them to. The weather here is turning very slowly, but Fall is sure on its way, which is such a relief. The 45 degree heat was getting a little much. I'm getting used to the food, although to be honest I'm still not entirely sure what to cook here? The ingredients for food are just different, so all that home cooking/working in a Kitchen before I came out here is pretty much useless to be honest. I can't really complain about the fast food though.
Recently got accepted onto the Increase Media Team, which is in charge of producing student Testimonies for the year in a creative and excellence way. I'm so thrilled to get to work with a caliber of film makers and photographers that are on the team, I'll post the content as it's produced.
I visited Weaverville with my Revival Group on Monday, the drive through the Mountains was something really special. Just being surrounded by the most amazing vista's is such a privilege, i'm constantly reminding myself not to take it for granted.
As for now, I'm off to Friday Service.
Wildest Blessings and Favor.
Matt

0 comments:
Post a Comment